Vorpal Hexapod Activity: Create a New Move
From Vorpal Robotics
Vorpal Hexapod Quick Links:
NOTE: THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- One Vorpal
- A computer with the ScratchX extension loaded
- Connect your Vorpal to ScratchX.
- Drag the Record Start Block into your ScratchX program.
- Use the drop down menus to choose which gamepad button to store your new move on.
- Underneath the Record Start block, place any movements you want to be included in your new move.
- Underneath all your desired moves, place the Record End block.
- Run your ScratchX program.
- Your new move will now be stored on the gamepad on the button you chose with the Record Start block.
- To access this move, hold down the gamepad button you stored it on for three seconds. You will now be using that button for the new move you made.
- Using that button will now execute your new move in a continuous loop that goes for as long as you hold down the button.
- To return to the original move from that button, press the button once quickly (for less than a second).
- The Set Legs block is especially useful for creating totally new moves.
- You can also use other blocks, such as walk, dance, or fight moves, in a combination that creates a new move.
- Try creating a new move that will give you an advantage in another game or activity such as Capture the Flag or the Fidget Spinner Challenge.