What is the Vase Dazzler?
The Vorpal Vase Dazzler consists of a 3D-printed base and electronics that can light up a 3D printed vase with color LEDs. The LEDs are individually addressable, meaning each one can be a different color when driven appropriately from a microcontroller. The kit includes a potentiometer dial and pushbutton to allow you to change the brightness and light pattern. The Vase Dazzler software provides ten different light patterns, including:
- fades between different hues
- twirling and blinking effects
- a "flame flicker" effect
The entire project is open source so you can easily add your own custom effects using the Arduino IDE.
Bill of Materials (BOM)
- 1 x Arduino Nano
- 1 x 10k ohm linear rotary panel potentiometer with 6mm shaft, nut, and dial cap
- 1 x 12mm diameter panel mount pushbutton
- 1 x Unregulated 9v electrical system which includes a 9x13mm rectangular on/off switch, 9v battery clip, and Dupont jumpers for output of the battery ground and +9v. For people sourcing their own parts see the [Unregulated Electrical System Diagram].